West Greenland Photo Tour Introduction
Explore Disko Bay, one of the most photogenic places in Greenland, on this adventurous Greenland photo tour on an expedition vessel with 12 photographers. We will photograph the wild Arctic land and seascapes of West Greenland from ship and shore. As we sail through Disko Bay we will encounter Icebergs the size of cathedrals and have an opportunity to photograph actively calving glaciers.
Our plan is to visit remote, hard to get to Greenlandic settlements known for their colourful houses and also a ghost town on Disko Island. We will also have the opportunity to photograph wildlife which could include, Humpback whales, seals, Arctic foxes and Musk Oxen.
The trip is led by our local expedition leader and captain who has extensive knowledge of the area and photographer Chase Teron, who has years of experience scouting the perfect photography locations in Disko Bay. Travelling with our local guide will give you a rare chance to experience local Greenlandic culture free from the mass tourism of larger cruise ships.
The expedition vessel is equipped with a Zodiac which will be used for shore landings and can also be used to shoot from.
Greenland Photo Tour Highlights
- Photograph the towering icebergs of Disko Bay up close.
- Explore rarely visited Greenlandic settlements and a ghost town.
- Get up close and photograph an active glacier from the ship and Zodiac.
- Encounter Greenland’s wildlife. This trip has a good chance of encountering humpback whales from the vessel and musk oxen and Arctic foxes from the shore.
- Numerous opportunities to photograph Greenlands wild Arctic landscapes from the ship and shore.
- Develop your photography skills in the field with a highly experienced Arctic photographer.
- Small, intimate group size of 12 photographers.
- Comfortable, and capable liveaboard expedition vessel.