Expedition Ship Villa
MV Villa is a former buoy-laying ship that has been recently converted into a passenger ship that can accommodate 12 guests in tasteful cabins. We love Villa because she is built for the polar environments making her an ideal vessel for expedition cruising. Her fast speed coupled with her rugged exterior makes her the ideal vessel for adventuring into the pack ice north of Svalbard (something many ships are not capable of). She delivers the perfect expedition experience every time.
Why We Love Villa
- Fast hull speed – she covers greater distances so you see more
- Ice strengthened hull – capable of cruising in pack ice (something most ships can’t do)
- Room for all guests in Zodiacs – No waiting time to go ashore
- Takes just 12 guests – Intimate experience with the natural environment
- Large stable decks – Ideal for photography
- Newly refurbished cabins – Offers good comfort levels
- Open Bridge – Enjoy the views from the best place on board
- Authentic Expedition Experience – Only possible on a small ship
There is a large viewing area located on the bridge level which is perfect for viewing Svalbard’s stunning scenery from the warm. She features a large dining saloon, small library, wine cellar and a reading room.
Crewed by a team of experts with decades of experience navigating Arctic waters, she is a the ideal vessel for guests looking to go on a real expedition. She is perfect for adventurous private expeditions to explore rarely visited and hard to get to areas in Svalbard.
There is accommodation for 12 guests across 6 comfortable cabins with shared facilities located next to the cabins (some cabins have direct access). She is equipped with Zodiacs for shore landings and exploring.
The areas of operation are Svalbard, Franz Josef Land, Norway, Iceland and Greenland.
- Accommodates 12 guests in 6 x twin cabins.
- All cabins are well-appointed and are finished to a high standard.
- Large dining saloon.
- Spacious observation area on bridge deck.
- Equipped with 2 Zodiac landing crafts for shore landings
- Semi enclosed deck spaces to enjoy the view
- Ice strengthened hull
- Fully staffed with experienced captain, crew and expedition leaders.